Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!  Thankfully, I don't have to work this weekend!  My birthday is on Monday, so we're doing a dinner get together at my place.  I need to clean my house something fierce tonight!  Plus, I have to mow our ridiculously huge lawn.  Living in the country has its merits, but having a 1 1/2 acre mowable lawn is not one of them!  Yuck.  Anyway, I'm hoping to have time to get festive and do cupcake nails tonight!

As promised, I bring you Elevation Tindur!  Elevation Tindur is a very pale grey/white/green with a subtle blue shimmer that dries matte.  That's a mouthful!  


What color is that?


Look at that blue!


Application for this guy was very tricky.  It applied extremely streaky and dried super quick, making it almost impossible to spread easily across the nail.  I had to use 4 coats to get complete coverage without streaking or bald spots.  But, man!  Once it's on, it is GORGEOUS!  I got so many compliments on this color - more than any other mani I've worn to date.  Plus, I actually love Tindur so much that I wore it for a day without anything on top.  Then, I wore it for 2 more days with the glitters from yesterday.  That's practically unheard of for me.


Seriously.  Gorg.


Lulu says that it dries matte, but with four coats it was more like the rubber-suede look instead of a true matte.  


Still shiny


Also, ignore the bubbles...  I was working quickly so I could get to bed at a decent hour.  PLUS, I tried doing thicker coats to cure the streak.  Clearly, that didn't work.


Yes.  I totally just added a Ray Stevens video.  BOOYAH!

I really wish the blue shimmer that shines so well in the bottle would translate to the nail, but it was just way too subtle.  Granted, it's still there, but it's very hard to see.


The shimmer is near the tip of my thumb.


Verdict: I'm definitely going to keep Tindur because I don't have a single polish like it.  I'm pretty sure that the matte finish is what's making it difficult for me to apply, but I'm willing to put up with difficult application because the outcome is just so rewarding!  


What is your favorite polish that has a PITA application?

2 comments:

  1. Julep Chloe! Pain in my patootie, but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any Juleps, but I may need to get Chloe. Wow! It's gorgeous!! What was the problem with the application?

      Delete