Thursday, November 29, 2012

Comparison Thursday: Vampy Reds/Purples

I apparently have a million vampy red (and purpleish red) OPIs...  I thought it might be a good idea to check them out tonight!  I decided to toss in a China Glaze and an Essence for good measure.  Let's take a look, shall we?




Top Row (top picture) right hand: Black Tie Optional, Have You Seen my Limo, Int'l Date Line, Fateful Desire, and Mat-adore Red


Bottom Row (top picture) left hand: Prey Tell, Germanicure by OPI, Every Month is Oktoberfest, La Boheme, and Painted Desert Crimson

All of these polishes applied really well.  They're all two coats and perfect, except for the smudge on my right thumb...  Here's the finish breakdown:

  • Cremes: Prey Tell, Int'l Date Line, Fateful Desire, and Mat-adore Red
  • Color Shifts / Multi-Chromes: La Boheme, Black Tie Optional, Have You Seen my Limo, Painted Desert Crimson
  • Shimmers: Germanicure, Oktoberfest


There's not really much to say about these, other than Germanicure and Oktoberfest are similar enough to not have both.  Prey Tell is pretty much the creme, non-chrome version of Black Tie Optional.  They both have the same rich and deep red that borders on purple.  My La Boheme doesn't have the strong gold and green flashes on my nail, but I think it's because I really need to shake the crap out of my bottle to mix it up a little better.  It's gorgeous in the bottle.  The black label OPIs smell pretty terrible, but they apply much better than the green labels.  I wish I got home with enough sunlight to show off the gorgeous shimmers and color shifts in these polishes, but I got home well after the sun had set.  I'll try to take pics again on a weekend so you guys can see how pretty these polishes truly are.

Pretty much every single one of these polishes has been discontinued.  I'm not really sure about the Essence, but the rest can only be found in salons or supply stores that have older collections.  Prey Tell, Germanicure, and Oktoberfest would be the easiest of this grouping to find in the main chains like Ulta since they were released only a few months ago.

Which is your favorite?

2 comments: