Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Phoning it In: Dollish Polish

I'm working on making furniture tonight, but I wanted to make sure I got at least something up for you guys tonight.  Tonight, we're going to take a look at Dollish Polish A Peachy Princess from Dolly's Super Mario Brothers Collection that she released last fall.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*


Color: Light pink jelly with holo and matte pink squares and hexes.
Finish: Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.
Bottle / Brush: Skinny round bottle – long cap with standard size wand.  Some of these brushes come bent.  Average application with standard non-bent brush.  Picks up glitter decently, but it isn’t the best.


Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.  Here, I've worn it with one very thick coat over OPI DS Opulence.
Glitter Application: Hard – difficult to dig the glitters out of the bottle, spreads well with the dab method, but pools at the cuticles and bubbles when dry.
Consistency: Thick – thick or it can be clumpy, but is easily remedied with some polish thinner.


Overall Ease of Application: Difficult – pools at the cuticles.  Drags and clumps, streaks, or is bald in spots.  Does not spread well without massive manipulation.
Stampability: Not designed for stamping. 
Dry Time: Long – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in over 8 minutes.  It felt like this polish would never dry.  It was insane!  


Overall Thoughts:  This was a pretty decent combo, but the application was such a pain.  It took the dab method to get it on my nail, but it slid around and pooled ta my cuticles.  It took FOR.EV.ER. to dry.  



I didn't even get to wear it for long because they started popping off left and right!  Talk about frustrating.  It's such a pretty polish, though, so I'm going to keep trying.  Sadly, Dolly's Super Mario Brothers collection has been discontinued, but they do show up in swap groups and blog sales all the time.  If you're interested, definitely keep an eye out there.

You can purchase Dollish Polishes at her shop, Llarowe, and Overall Beauty.  Follow Dolly on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for news and updates on new collections.

Do you have any video game inspired polishes?

1 comment: