Monday, July 15, 2013

Jindie Week: Day 1 - Jindie-Pendence

Wow.  The past two weeks were SO busy.  I took some time off the blog to get some much needed organization and cleaning done, but I feel like I'm still sitting on a pile of junk without having made a dent.  Ugh.  I'd hate to take another week off, so here I am!  Better late than never, I suppose, but I hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Fourth of July.  For those that don't, I hope your weekend was nice with better weather than we got here.  This is also going to double as my Ecopolo Summer Mani Challenge - Week 7: Fourth of July.  I'm woefully behind but plan to catch up and post the last couple of weeks that I've missed soon.



This week is all about Jindie Nails!  Today, we're going to take a look at the lovely Jindie-Pendence, the limited edition patriotic 4th of July polish.  I purchased the one with the white crelly base instead of the glitter topper as I prefer colored bases to clear.  I apologize for the lackluster photos and chip on my thumb.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*



Color: White base with red, white, and blue glitters in various shapes and sizes.



Finish: Glitter Crème – glitter in a crème base.



Bottle / Brush: Tall round bottles with round cap - the cap is a little awkward to hold because it’s so round but also pretty short. If you have a hard time holding caps, this bottle type might be difficult for you. The wand and brush are long and slender allowing you to grab glitters from deeper within the bottle but making it a little more difficult to get the larger glitter pieces to stay on the brush.



Opacity: Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.
Glitter Application: Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly. This polish is so jam packed full of glitters, it's very easy to get a loaded brush every time you dip it into the bottle.



Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.



Overall Ease of Application: Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well without much manipulation.



Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.



Overall Thoughts: I really love this polish. If you're looking for a white crelly glitter, Jindie makes the best in town. They're easy to apply without streaks and build up easily in three to four coats. The only problem I had here, however, are the large glitters poking up on my nail after I top coated it. Sadly, a few poked up so much that they would get snagged on my clothes, hair, or whatever and either make the poking worse or pull it off altogether. The worst offenders were the diamonds and giant squares/rectangles. I should have used my glitter food before my top coat, but I was in a rush and didn't have time. Either way, I do love the jelly sandwich effect you get when layered over itself.

Sadly, Jindie-Pendence was a limited edition. However, you can purchase other Jindies at her store here. You can also purchase Jindies from her stockists Llarowe, Mei Mei's Signatures, Ninja Polish, Harlow & Co, and Femme Fatale. Follow Jen from Jindie on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.


I have one more 4th of July mani to show you guys. The undies are a jelly sandwich of Cult Tempest, Lynnderella Shape Shifter, and OPI Don't Touch my Tutu. I used some stars I cut out of painters tape and some striping tape to create the cut outs and topped them with Cult Time Traveler and OPI Mat-adore Red. Hope everyone had a very happy 4th of July!





*I was not financially compensated for this post. All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment