Friday, November 8, 2013

Enchanted Polish Tenderheart

Today has been a super busy day of making polishes and working on blog stuff.  I'm super excited to announce that my polish line's November Duo is up in the shop for preorder.  Go and check those out here!  There will be a proper restock of the duo as well as everything else in my store (minus the Nail Polish Frights collections) on 11/18.  If you order your polishes now, though, you can get free shipping on orders $20 and over by using the discount code NOVEMBERFUN.  So, get on over there if you've been looking to try my polishes out!

Tonight, let's take a look at Enchanted Polish Tenderheart worn over OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible.


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

Color: Clear based polish with iridescent shreds, silver holo diamonds, red holo hearts, and various sizes of red hexes.
Finish: Glitter Top Coat – glitter in a clear base to be worn as a top coat.


Bottle / Brush: Rectangle bottle – The wand is the standard length, but the brush is a little too thin to pick up large / shaped glitter without fishing.  The brush's width is also an issue for spreading.  It doesn't fan out and pretty much requires you to dab polishes that are densely packed with glitter.


Opacity: Glitter topcoat – not designed for full opacity.
Glitter Application: Hard – difficult to dig the glitters out of the bottle, spreads well with the dab method, but pools at the cuticles and bubbles when dry.


Consistency: Super thin – runny and floods the cuticles easily.
Overall Ease of Application: Hard – applies with some pooling and bubbling.


Stampability: Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Long – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in over 8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts: As much as I wanted to love this polish, it was kind of a pain in the butt to apply.  The base to glitter ratio was way off meaning that there was much more base than there was glitter creating a very sparse look on the nail.  If I wanted to get enough glitter on my nail, I either needed to use several coats or attempt to load up on glitters in one coat, which caused pooling and bubbling.  Stupidly, I went with option two and gobbed one super runny layer onto the nail, which took forever to dry...  Otherwise, I really liked this combination.  The bright pink undies worked really well with the red glitters.  I also like how easily you can see the iridescent shreds, which were my favorite part of the polish.  It was surprising how well it went over the liquid sand texture, but I do wonder if that attributed to the long dry time.  Either way, though, this combo is quite pretty.

Sadly, Tenderheart and the rest of the Love A Lot Glitter collection have been long discontinued.  You can still find them on blog sales and ebay, though, if you're in the market!  Purchase other Enchanted polishes at her store.  Follow Chelsea on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates on new releases.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

1 comment:

  1. I love the different shaped glitters paired with the OPI polish! It does seem difficult to apply though.

    ReplyDelete