Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Oldie But Goodie: Essie Navigate Her and Dollish Dino-mite Yoshi

Wow, I'm posting two days in a row, what are the chances?!  Tonight's post will be in the old format because I don't necessarily recall all of the particulars of these polishes, nor do I have as many photos as I'd typically like.  However, I wanted to show them to you anyway!  Let's take a look at some swatches from last summer - Dino-mite Yoshi over Navigate Her.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

Navigate Her is a dusty green creme that leans a bit yellow.  From what I recall, application was fine, and you can tell that cleanup was easy.  There aren't any bubbles, streaks, clumps, or bald spots.  Dry time was relatively average and looks lovely in two coats.



I decided that I wasn't a huge fan of the color, so I sold it.  It pulled way too yellow on me, and if I'm going to pick a dusty green cream, it would be OPI Thanks a Windmillion all the way.  If you're interested in seeing how Navigate Her compares to a few other yellow-green cremes, check them out here.  I purchased Navigate Her from CVS or Walgreens last summer after it came out.  I'm pretty sure it's one that is still readily available at stores where Essies are sold.  

Since I wasn't all that happy with Navigate Her, I decided to top it with Dollish Polish Dino-mite Yoshi.  Dino-mite Yoshi is a clear glitter topper that consists of yellow, white, green, and red glitters in both hexes and squares.




Application for Yoshi was alright, but like with most of the polishes from the Super Mario Collection, the glitter pay-off is a bit lackluster.  The glitter to base ratio sways heavily in favor of base, so you risk bubbling, sliding, and pooling if you attempt to get as much glitter as you want in one coat.  It's a lovely topper, but I recommend using two or more coats to achieve the glitter density you desire.  You can still purchase the Mario Collection on Dolly's website, and Yoshi is actually on sale right now!  Follow Dollish Polish on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

1 comment:

  1. I bought Navigate Her because I did want a yellow-ish green, but my bottle of it is just like a pastel green instead. I ended up buying OPI's Don't Talk Bach to Me because that was the color I really wanted.

    ReplyDelete