Thursday, February 6, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday: Green

Yay!  I'm still going strong with this challenge!  It helps that it's relatively easy to do, and that it's only once a week instead of every day.  Tonight's challenge was Green, so I wanted to use one that I've been trying to decide whether I want to keep it or sell it.  You'll know my decision at the end of the post.

Here is the schedule of events if you would like to follow along or participate.




Remember the rules:

  • The polish you use must be at least a year old.
  • If you haven't been a polishaholic for that long, you can use the oldest polishes you have.
  • The polish should be previously used, but if you're stuck, you can use a polish from your untrieds stack.
  • You can use more than one polish as long as it fits the rules.
All polishes were purchased by me.

Ok, let's take a look at NerdLacquer Webinarmy.




Color:  Green with green, blue, and gold glitters.
Finish: Glitter Shimmer – glitter in a base that shimmers in the light from either the use of a certain pigment or micro glitters.


Bottle / Brush:  Round bottle (i.e. Seche Vite) – the brush and wand are the standard width and length.  Easy to control and manipulate.'


Opacity:  High – opaque in two coats!


Glitter Application:  Easy – Spreads evenly without much manipulation.


Consistency:  Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.


Overall Ease of Application:  Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.


Stampability:  Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time:  Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  So, as you can tell from the remarks above, Webinarmy is a fantastic polish when it comes to application.  I used a brand new bottle of Seche, though, and it shrank a bit at the tips.  Not even 24 hours into the mani, I had several chips and pretty severe tip wear.  And, full disclosure here, my index finger chipped all the way off, which is why it's the only nail to escape the shrink (I topped that nail with KBShimmer's Clearly on Top).  I'm not sure if it's just bad chemistry with the Seche or if it's just the way this polish works with my body.  Either way, it was super disappointing.  I was pleasantly surprised with how opaque it is as all photos show only two coats!  I was also pleased that the shimmer didn't come across as frosty, which is a no go in my book.  Either way, I'm still pretty bummed about the wear time, and since I'm working on destashing around 200-300 polishes from my collection, this little guy just didn't make the cut.  

You can purchase NerdLacquers through her store, which restocks super rarely.  Follow her on Google+ for news and updates.  These polishes are pretty rare to buy straight from the maker, but a small resurgence in restocks last year has given the market a little break from the high prices you used to see on the second-hand exchange.  Either way, if you're not buying straight from Amanda, you might be shelling out more than you would on a normal polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment