Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Zoya Wednesday & Hare Bisbee

Tonight's post is going to be a quick one as I need to get back to packing up orders from last weekend's sale.  Let's take a look at Zoya Wednesday an Hare Bisbee, both of which were kind of a fail for me.  These photos were taken last summer, so please bear with any skin weirdness.  This was before I realized that I needed to use lanolin to help with my eczema and dryness.  Ok, let's get to it!


*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

Zoya Wednesday 


Color:  Medium teal
Finish:  Crème – a flat polish that finishes smooth with full opacity.
Bottle / Brush:  Tapered bottle and cap - bottle tapers from a fat top to a smaller bottom making it a little harder to hold if you hold your bottles while you paint.  The tapered cap actually makes for easier application as it's shorter than most caps, but provides enough length to help guide application without being too wide where you grip it.  The wand and brush are a little short, but they have average application.
Opacity:  Medium – achieves opacity at three coats.
Glitter Application: N/A


Consistency: Medium – applies easily and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
Overall Ease of Application: Easy – applies well without pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads evenly and smoothly.
Stampability:  Not tested for stamping.
Dry Time:  Quick – dry to the touch without smudging in under 3 minutes.

Overall Thoughts:  There's not a whole lot to say about Wednesday.  It's your typical creme polish.  Personally, I feel the color is a bit too dark for my tastes, so I didn't really enjoy this mani.  However, other than my own personal color preferences, it was an easy polish to apply.

Hare Bisbee


Color:  Medium teal with gold hexes.
Finish:  Glitter Jelly – glitter in a colored jelly base.
Bottle / Brush:  Round bottle (i.e. Seche Vite) – the brush and wand are the standard width and length.  Easy to control and manipulate.


Opacity:  Medium – achieves opacity at three to four coats.  Here, however, I chose to wear it as one coat over Zoya Wednesday.
Glitter Application:  Medium – requires the dab method, but spreads evenly.


Consistency:  Thick – thick or it can be clumpy, but is easily remedied with some polish thinner.
Overall Ease of Application:  Medium – applies well with minimal pooling, dragging, streaking, or balding.  Spreads well without much manipulation.


Stampability:  Not designed for stamping.
Dry Time: Medium – dry to the touch with minimal smudging in 3-8 minutes.


Overall Thoughts:  Again, I'm just not a fan of this color of teal, nor am I a fan of gold.  So, this polish was a miss for me.  It's one of those things where you get swept up in the hype of a polish, but once you actually wear it, it's just not for you.  Application was typical for a Hare - thick with some pooling at the cuticles.  I knew to use one coat over undies, otherwise it would end up a thick disaster like my poor Bury the Hatchetfish mani.  Sadly, there were also a few taco glitters.  They stuck up so much that I could feel them through my topcoat even after I tried pushing them down into the base color a bit.  I don't have this polish anymore, otherwise, I'd pull it out to see how well it has held up over the past 9 months.  Overall, this mani just wasn't for me.  It's a pretty polish to look at on other people, but I ended up selling mine.

You can purchase Zoyas at Ulta and other beauty retailers.  You can purchase Hare at her store.

*I was not financially compensated for this post.  All items in this review were purchased by me for my own use.  The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.  For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy in the tab above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment