Thursday, July 10, 2014

Comparison Thursday: Teal Microglitters

Tonight's comparison is brought to you by the letter S.  Because I bought one polish from a chick named Sarah, and I stole (aka borrowed for this particular comparison) one polish from one of my bffs Sara.  Both polishes from tonight's post are lovely, but I don't necessarily think that you need both as they are quite similar in aesthetics.  With that said, let's take a look at Lynnderella Do You Paraiba and Smitten Seahorse Rodeo.


First, with the similarities - they are both teal microglitters.  That's pretty much it, but as you can see from the photos, the overall look is just similar enough to really only need one.  Let's check out the differences!


Do You Paraiba



Do you Paraiba is a clear based polish with teal and silver microglitters and larger teal holo glitters in squares and diamonds.  Like most Lynnderella micros, DYP is pretty thick.  However, it spread evenly and easily over the nail, and didn't require the dab method.  It achieved opacity in two coats.  I really liked how easily this polish applied and how I didn't have to dig in the bottle to get the glitters out.  Conversely, I also liked the fact that it wasn't so thick that it just clumped up on my nail.  The second coat spreads evenly and helps to level out the first coat.  It was a gritty polish when dry, so I had to use a coat of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze under a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Dry time was fairly quick even with the additional topcoat.  DYP is a limited edition that, sadly, has been discontinued.  If you can find it in a blog sale, though, I really can't sing its praises enough!  You can purchase Lynnderellas at their store here.  Follow their fan groups on Facebook and Instagram for news, updates, and giveaways!


Seahorse Rodeo



Seahorse Rodeo is not as thick as DYP, and the glitter particles are much finer than the Lynn.  SR is a teal based polish with silver holo microglitters, so the coloring comes from the base and not so much from the glitters.  The colored base actually makes SR ever so slightly darker than DYP.  The glitter to base ratio is more in favor of base than glitter as compared to DYP, but it is still definitely a densely packed polish.  Due to the fact that SR is thinner than DYP, application wasn't quite as controlled and did require some cleanup.  It also took three coats for full opacity versus DYP's two coats.  It dried gritty as well, so I used the same combo of Peita's Polish Glitter Glaze and KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.  Seahorse Rodeo was a preorder, but she says on her FB page that they should be restocked in a few weeks! You can purchase Smitten Polishes at her store here.  Follow her on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates.


So, what do you think?  Which is your favorite?  To be honest, they are similar enough that I'm glad that I only have the one.  I don't really think that you need both, but then again, can one really say no to such loveliness?  I think not.

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I still think that these are completely different? LOL, this would be the reason why I keep my polish love in check at all times.
    Very awesome & thorough pictures and comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not bad at all! xD I try to make justifications to myself about why I don't need this polish or the other, so I force myself to really look at something and see if I need more than one. It's hard for me to keep my polish love in check sometimes, lol!

      Delete