Monday, July 21, 2014

Guest Post: Lit from Within with Nail Art and Cameo Colors Lacquer

I'm almost finally done with my current work project, so this will be one of the last guest posts for a bit.  Tonight, I have the super awesome Nidia helping me out!  She is always up for helping out when I put out the call, and I love her sophisticated and easy to recreate nail art.  Make sure you check her out at her blog!


Hello! I'm Nidia, and I run a little blog called Lit From Within.  I love doing nail art, and I've brought a little here today to share with you. I started with Cameo Colors Lacquer Welcome To The Universe, a slightly iridescent blue with a soft holo. If you read my blog, you may remember that I wore this mani to visit the Salt Room Millenia with the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida.  Well, I added some nail art!


This nail art design is inspired by one I saw on Nail Art Gallery by Nails by Amy of Perfect 10 Nails Salon.  By that evening, I'm sure I already had tip wear or dings or something, because I seem to be incapable of wearing the same polish for longer than a few hours.  So, I covered the bottom 1/2 of my nails with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.


With a white striper, I painted a horizontal line just below the edge of the black tip, and then painted the large swirls on either side.  In the top inside section, I painted the remaining half-swirl.  


Then, with a dotting tool, I made black dots in the 'V' of the top of the swirls, and then made dots with Welcome To The Universe in the black at the bottom of the 'V'.   Don't forget your favorite topcoat to seal in your design and make the layers blend together.


This nail art might work better on longer nails, but you can make it work with nubbins if you keep the proportions. It's a little busy, but the boldness of the white keeps it clean. I can totally see redoing this for the holidays with a nude/red/black theme, or adding in a gold or silver.


Bottle shot:  Cameo Colors Lacquer Welcome To The Universe, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, and a white nail art striper.


If you liked this nail art, and enjoy other beauty stuffs, please feel free to stop by my Facebook page, check out my Twitter, Instagram, or check out my blog, Lit From Within.  Thanks for reading, and thanks, Julie, for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment