Thursday, September 11, 2014

Comparison Thursday: Coral Shimmer + New Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Siren


Tonight's post is going to be an introduction to one of the polishes that will be released in the next restock as well as a comparison!  I've got a lot going on tonight, so this one will be a bit of a quick one.  Also, this is going to be super photo heavy, so make sure to click on the photos to see them in greater detail.  

[All items were either purchased by me, made by me, or given to me as a gift from a friend.]


The next member of the numbered Limited Edition Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Siren Series is called Sunburned Siren.  It is a bright coral with rose-gold microflakies and a smattering of holographic microglitter.  My photos show it in three coats with one coat of topcoat in artificial light.  It didn't stain my nails or my skin when I removed it.  It's pulling a bit orange in my photos, but trust that it does have that typical pink undertone that most corals have.  It will be available at my store starting September 21 at 3:30 pm edt!







Now, let's take a look at a side-by-side comparison of a few of the coral shimmers I have in my collection!  The photos are showing them all as more orange than they really are, and it's also showing them as closer in shade to one another than they really are.  None of them are exact duplicates.  Photos were taken in sunlight and artificial light.  All on-nail macros in this portion are taken in direct sunlight which seemed to show the colors a little more accurately.  Ignore that bit on my index finger... An attempt to fix a smudge didn't exactly work in my favor.



Included in this comparison, from Index to Pinkie, are: Enchanted Polish Shrimp Cocktail, BEGL Sunburned Siren, Dior Diablotine, and Elevation Polish Uluru.


Index: Shrimp Cocktail


It is the lightest and pinkest of the group and has a lovely understated gold shimmer.  The first coat was super easy.  Application went well, and there was no need for cleanup.  There was no streaking or balding, either.  SC applied evenly across the whole nail and had perfect fluid consistency.  It was opaque in three coats, but I used four for my photos.  This is the most sheer of the group.  EP tends to bring back some of her older polishes, so I'm not sure if this is officially discontinued.  However, it is harder to find and harder to get your hands on when it's available in a restock.

Middle: LE Sunburned Siren


SS is closest in color to SC, but a few shades darker and more muted (meaning it's not quite as florescent as SC).  It has rose gold flakies that are the largest flakies in this grouping.  It also has a smattering of silver holographic microglitters, which gives this polish a bit of a textured finish.  SS is thicker than the rest, but not so thick that you need  to add thinner.  It's also more opaque than Shrimp Cocktail, but not fully opaque in 1 coat.  No cleanup needed and even application across the nail.  Opaque in three even coats.  SS hasn't been released just yet, but it'll be available in a little over a week!  


Ring: Diablotine


Surprisingly, Diablotine was not the darkest of this grouping.  Also unlike the others, it has silver microflakies instead of gold.  It also has the most dense shimmer in the group.  Diablotine leans more red than orange.  It was the perfect thickness.  I don't normally say that something applies like butter, but, yeah, that's a pretty accurate description here.  It is the most opaque of the group, but not quite opaque in one coat.  To me, the Dior brush is a little weird, and I'm definitely not used to it, which means that application was a little tough for me.  As such, I had to do a little cleanup.  It was fully opaque in two coats, but I used three for my photos.  I only needed one coat of topcoat.  I'm pretty sure that Diablotine has been discontinued, but I'm not sure.  I received this from a super amazing friend, so I only know that you can purchase this guy from blog sales...  Please post in the comments if that's incorrect!

Pinkie: Uluru


Uluru was the darkest in color of the group.  It's closest in color to Diablotine but leans a hint more orange than Diablotine.  It is packed with gold and purple shimmers.  The purple shimmers really make this one stand out from the grouping.  The flakies are just a hair smaller than the flakies in SS.  Application was super easy and was fluid without flooding my cuticles.  No cleanup necessary.  Almost opaque in one coat, but not quite as opaque as Diablotine.  Fully opaque in two coats, but I used three for my photos.  Uluru is still a part of Lulu's main lineup, and it's still in stock.


So, there you have it!  Which do you like best?  They're all similar but not exactly the same, so I'm going to keep them all...  I'm not a hoarder, nope.  Not at all.  Hehe.  You can purchase Enchanted Polishes here, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquers here, Diors at higher end department stores, and Elevations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment