Friday, December 26, 2014

Black and Silver Stamping

Tonight's mani is one that I'm just soooo proud of.  I haven't had stamping come out as lovely as this in a long time.  And the fact that I have them on Cuties just makes it all that much better!  Cuties is the term I've dubbed nails that are intentionally short.  Nubs tend to have a negative connotation, so I've decided that Cuties should be the term we use for those nails who are short on purpose!  I know that I, for one, enjoy wearing my nails cropped low sometimes.  Whereas, there are others who will only wear Cuties - such as my lovely friend Sara from Born For a Storm!  When I wear Cuties, I tend to like to wear them with vampy colors, which is what I've done with this mani!  So, without further ado, let's take a peek at Chanel Cosmic topped with stamping using Color Club Harp on It.



I started with a base of two coats of Chanel Cosmic, which is a gorgeous black creme loaded with irregularly shaped silver holographic glitters.  Two coats was perfect for this polish and didn't require much cleanup.  While it's a lovely polish, I sincerely wish that it was a little more jelly so that you could see the glitters a little more easily.



To top it all off, I decided to use Color Club's silver holo, Harp On It, from their 2013 Halo Hues collection.  It's an absolutely lovely silver holographic, and it stamped really well.  The image transferred easily without drying onto the plate or stamper.  


I used regular Elmer's glue around my cuticles to make cleanup easier.  With this, I was able to just peel off the bits of stamp that got onto the skin around my nails.


I topped everything off with KBShimmer's Clearly On Top, which didn't smear the design.  Dry time with the topcoat was quick.


I know this isn't exactly winter-themed, but I did really love this manicure.  It lasted almost 5 days, which was fantastic because I just didn't want to take it off!  Have you ever had a mani you wanted to wear for as long as possible?  Tell me what it was in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cuties, and this stamping looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and the stamping is flawless! Thank you for creating "cuties" I can now say "I have cuties length" 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And of course, you're very welcome ;)

      Delete