Monday, January 19, 2015

My First Reverie!

I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has wished my kitty well or sent positive and healing vibes, thoughts, and prayers for him.  He's finally at home, but we had to keep the feeding tube in since he's not quite ready to eat on his own yet.  Here he is napping on the blanket next to me shortly after we got home.  You can see his little shaved belly where they did the surgery as well as a bit of the feeding tube.  He goes back in for a checkup in a week, so please keep sending those positive vibes until we get a clean bill of health!!



Tonight, I'm going to show you a brand that I've loved for a while as well as a brand that is new to me!  I've been a fan of Peita's Polish for quite a while, so it was only natural that I try to grab a What's Indie Box every month that I could!  Reverie Nail Lacquer is new to me, so I was pretty excited to give it a shot.  I received this bottle from a swap I had with a few other indie makers, which was a super fun way to try out each others' brands!  Let's take a look at Peita's Polish Solar Flare with accents of Reverie Nail Lacquer Giant Toxic Algae Bloom.





Solar Flare is a lovely medium teal creme with a bit of shimmer and silver micro flakies.  I used two coats with one coat of KBShimmer's Clearly On Top.  Application was super easy and didn't require much cleanup.  



Giant Toxic Algae Bloom has a lightly tinted teal jelly base with a slight shimmer loaded with a ridiculously insane amount of glitter including teal, blue, mint, white, silver, and blue in various shapes and sizes.  I didn't need to layer this over anything as it was fully opaque in two coats!  I probably could've easily layered it over undies, but I am in love with this squishy look with just GTAB.



GTAB was a custom created for a swap, so it's not available for purchase.  You can, however, find more Reverie Nail Lacquers at her shop here.  Solar Flare was from the September What's Indie Box, unfortunately, but you can still find them on blog sales or sales in Facebook groups.

I love how bright it came out.  Do you have any Peita's Polishes or Reverie Nail Lacquers?  Which are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. Awww, so sad to see kitty's shaved belly and feeding tube. :( But I'm glad he's home, that has to help him so much (and you, too). Thanks for the updates. #kittehwatch2015 Beautiful polishes, too! I love them both, esp. the glitter-filled jelly, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that Reverie is fantastic! And I love it - #kittehwatch2015!! xD

      Delete
  2. Love these two together! Hope your kitty gets better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! And yes, they work so well together! I was super pleased with the out come :D

      Delete
  3. Glad to see that Jynx is home and I hope he heals quickly!! And great combo of colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! He's finally eating a bit on his own, so that's a great sign!

      Delete