Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Red Coat Tuesday: CBL Dirty Diana


First, an update on the kitty!!  He's doing much better! Yesterday, he had his stomach staples and feeding tube removed.  He's acting much more like himself, too, which means lots of loving for me!  Specifically, sleeping on my face at night...  So, now we just have to make sure he eats enough, go back to get him weighed and vitamin B shots, and he's good to go!  Thank you, everyone, for your positive thoughts, vibes, and prayers.  We at the Blue-Eyed Girl household truly appreciate them all!!  Here he is enjoying the afternoon sun :)



Ok, let's get to the post at hand - Red Coat Tuesday!  Let's check out the rules and then get to the polish!



First, the rules!

  • Paint your nails red, do your lips red, do a shadow design in red, or do anything beauty related that is mostly red.
  • Add your blog and photo to the inlinkz!  If you don't have a blog but do have an IG, you can check this link for directions on how to use your IG for inlinkz.  If you don't have a blog or IG, you can just add your photo to the linkup or send it to Color Me So Crazy, and she will get them up for you!
  • Use the #RedCoatTuesday tag when you share your photos on IG, Twitter, or Facebook!


For tonight's Red Coat Tuesday, I decided to wear Colors by Llarowe Dirty Diana, which is a lovely berry-leaning burgundy linear holographic.  



Application was easy, and it was mostly opaque in one coat.  I did, however, decide to use two coats for my photos.  It's got a lovely medium consistency that didn't lend to pooling or dragging despite the large brush used by CBL.  I know a lot of people love those large flat brushes, but I just really don't like them.  They make application hard for me since I tend to wear my nails on the shorter side.  Thankfully, the consistency worked in my favor, so I had very little cleanup.



I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite, which didn't obscure the holo at all.  Dry time was quick, even without the quick dry topcoat.



Even though it's a pretty pigmented red, I didn't have any issues with cleanup or removal.  There wasn't any staining on my nails or my skin, which is great for a red.



I also love that the holo flame is super apparent even in the shade shot.  You don't see that often with most holos.  It just goes to show you exactly how holo this bad boy is.



You can purchase CBL at the Llarowe shop here.  Do you like this bad boy?  What's your favorite burgundy holo?

(Source)





6 comments:

  1. Yay, kitteh!!!! So so glad he's getting better! I love when a holo is still holo in the shade. So often I have to see it in full sunlight to see the depth of the rainbow, but that's expected, so it's a bonus to have a stronger one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mani, and it is good to hear the great news about kitteh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wide brushes are hard for me too... these cuties need a thinner brush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous color on you! Glad your kitty is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This polish is absolutely gorgeous! I need some CBL in my life, haha.

    ReplyDelete