Thursday, February 5, 2015

Comparison Thursday: Peachy-Orange OPI Holos


This week's comparison is a look at a few peach and orange holos I have from OPI.  All of these are discontinued and hard to find, unfortunately, but I still wanted to show them to you guys anyway.  Mainly because I wanted to see how they compared, so you guys get to reap the benefit!  Let's take a look.


Day at the Peach, DS Vintage, Coral Reef, DS Couture

I wanted to make sure that the holo flames weren't adversely affected by the use of topcoat, so I went without.  No topcoat on any of the polishes equals awful dry times.  


Day at the Peach


DatP has a super thin consistency.  Because of this thin consistency, it has a tendency to pool, but the smaller brush makes it easier to apply.  It's one of the older Summer for Shore Collection polishes, so it's got a fine holo particle.  Surprisingly, it was opaque in two coats, but I used three for my photos. I thought that it would take much more to build to opacity since the consistency was so runny.  And as I mentioned earlier, the dry time long without a quick dry topcoat.


DS Vintage


DS Vintage is one of the newer polishes, so it's got the new brush style.  The fat OPI brush makes application a little difficult on short nails, which is why I detest those fat flat brushes.  As compared to DatP, it's got a bit thicker consistency, so it's less likely to pool.  The DS line all have a larger holo particle than the Summer for Shore collection.  It's closest in color to DatP, but they're definitely not dupes.  It was easily opaque at two coats.  Again, dry time was long because I didn't use a quick dry topcoat.


Coral Reef


CR is another Summer for Shore polish, so it's a bit thin like DatP, but it doesn't pool as much.  It's very orange as compared to the others in this grouping.  CR has a fine holo particle like the rest of the Summer for Shore collection.  It's opaque in two coats, but I used three for my photos.  It's probably obvious now, but dry time was long because no topcoat.


DS Couture


DS Couture is one of the newer bottles so it's got that thicker OPI brush, which makes application difficult, like with Vintage.  It's on the thicker side, but there is still a tendency to pool on my skin.  Couture is the most red of the bunch.  It's also the most pigmented, and was easily opaque in one coat.  However, I used two coats for my photos.  Dry time was long, but not quite as bad as the others because I was able to do thinner coats due to the high pigmentation in this polish.

So, there you have it!  Those are all of my peachy-orange OPI holos.  I think my favorite is Couture because it's just so vibrant and fun.  Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Day at the Beach is amazing. I wish OPI would revisit the holos they used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day at the Beach is amazing. I wish OPI would revisit the holos they used to make.

    ReplyDelete